Assam Police comes under Assam State in India. After the Treaty of Yandu to maintain law and order within Assam, a regular police force was started by the British in Assam. The headquarters of Assam Police is in the state capital Dispur. There is a unit known as Black Panther in Assam Police, an elite commando group, which is equipped with latest weaponry and technology for the terrorist campaign and VVIP security.
Assam Police Recruitment
Post Name: Constable
No. of Post: 5494
- Unarmed Branch of District Executive Force – 1851
- Armed Branch – 3643
Pay Scale: Rs.14000-49000 (GP – 5600)
Application Fee: No Fees
Age Criteria: 18 to 25 Years
Age Relaxation: OBC – 3 Years || SC/ST – 5 Years
- Unarmed Branch – 12th pass from recognized board
- Armed Brach – 10th pass from recognized board
Job Location: Assam
Selection Process: The candidate will have to go through 2 tests first. Physical Standard Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Having passed all these, he can take part in other tests.
- Written Exam
- Physical Efficiency Test
- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC – Male (162.56 cm) Female (154.94 cm)
- ST(H)/ST(P) – Male (160.02 cm) Female (152.40cm)
- Chest (Only for Men)
- Gen/OBC/MOBC/SC/ST(P) – Normal (80 cm) Expanded (85 cm)
- ST(H) – Normal (78 cm) Expanded (83 cm)
Physical Efficiency Test: 40 Marks
Candidates will be eligible for the next test Physical Efficiency test after passing the PST test.
Male candidates must complete 3.2 km Race in 14 minutes. Minimum 335 cm for Long Jump.
Female Candidate 1600mtrs Race to be completed within 08 minutes. Minimum 244 cm for Long Jump.
There will be a total of 100 multiple choice type questions which will be of total 50 marks. There will be no negative marking in written exam.
Starting Date for Submission of Online Application: 02nd May 2018
Last Date for Submission of Online Application: 02nd June 2018
For the easiest way to apply for Assam Police Apply Online Application: There are some instructions below…
- First click on the online application link
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter the OTP
- Please fill the all mandatory field in the application
- Upload your photo and signature
- Please read all instruction carefully
- Finally, submit the application